She was reportedly led to the bank after she complained to the suspects that she had no cash at home.
The leader of the gang, thereafter, asked for her ATM card and they followed her to the bank while they held her children hostage. Parading the suspects, the state Police Commissioner, Hilda Harrison, said the suspects invaded the house of the victim and robbed her of valuables, including a flat screen television.
Harrison explained that they also abducted the victim and her four children and led them to Keystone Bank in Alagbaka, Akure, where she was forced to withdraw N90,000. The commissioner added that the money was collected from the victim before she and the children were set free by the suspects.
According to her, on receipt of the case, detectives swung into action and arrested the leader of the gang, 23-year-old Samuel Ayodele, at Gaga, Oke-Aro area of the Akure metropolis.
He was said to have confessed to the crime, while the victims’ items were recovered from his house. Also paraded, was a 20-year-old Ali Muhammed, arrested over the kidnap of one Alhaji Ibrahim Bello of Supare Akoko. The victim was said to have been attacked by a gang of kidnappers along Igbonla/Supare Akoko and taken to an unknown destination.
The suspect, upon interrogation, had confessed to the commission of the crime. The Police Commissioner also said that a Toyota Camry car worth N2.5 million, stolen in Akure and sold for N200,000, had been recovered while two suspects, Falade Adesanmi and Gbenga Adewale, had been arrested in connection with the robbery of the car belonging to one Mrs. Akomolafe Abiodun.
- Breaking….Former Reps member, Yahaya ‘Bulldozer’ is dead
- Court convicts self-acclaimed monarch, ‘Oba Dosunmu’ to 6months jailterm
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Ghali Alaaya over NNPCL’s appointment
- Reps Probe EFCC Over Failed Attempts To Rearrest Emefiele From Prison
- NYSC swears in 2,150 corps members in Kwara
- Ex-Rep member, Alajagusi is dead, Kwara Gov. mourns
- Press Week: All men and women must read this story
- Emir Sulu-Gambari mourns over demise of Sheikh Sha’aban and Baba Buhari
- Kwara Governor Mourns Late Scholar, Muyideen Sha’aban
- Why we want JAMB to extend UTME result validity beyond one year— ASUP