A group of five armed men dressed in military fatigues stormed the Abuja office of a private firm belonging to a former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Chibudom Nwuche, and carted away over N10m cash and other valuables running into millions of naira.
The robbery took place at the office located at Colorado Street, Maitama Abuja, on Tuesday.
Members of staff of the company were still in shock when our correspondent visited on Wednesday.
Narrating his ordeal, a worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the five armed men dressed in military combat uniforms forced their way into the building after overpowering the security guards at the gate.
He said, “They were five in number, all armed. After overpowering our security men at the gate, two of them forced their way in asking for two members of our staff.
“The remaining three stood at strategic positions within the compound. It was obvious they could not physically identify them (the staff) because one of the persons they were asking for was standing right in front of one of them.
“To avoid provoking them, the member of staff identified himself and he was forced at gunpoint to take them to the safe where we kept cash for the payment of domestic staff and some of our junior staff; they loaded the cash into bags after collecting all of our mobile telephones.”
The gunmen reportedly made away with letter-headed papers, signed bank documents and the office camera.
He said one of the bandits led him at gunpoint into one of the toilets within the complex probably with the intention to harm him, but he later had a change of heart.
After operating for close to two hours, the invaders locked up the staff members before zooming off in their waiting vehicle.
The former Deputy Speaker was however not around as at the time of the attack.
The Federal Capital Territory Police spokesman, Anjuguri Manzah, said investigation had commenced into the incident, adding that the command had increased patrols around the area.
- Flooding: Wurukum Traders appeal to Gov over N2bn properties loss
- Kwara Police gets first female spokesperson, DSP Ejire-Adeyemi Adetoun
- Nigeria committed to end terrorism, maintenance of peace –Gaidam
- Kwara Govt. Kicks Against Street Begging
- (PHOTOS) Medical Laboratory Council Inducts KWASU’s 46 Newly Qualified Graduates
- 12 feared dead in ghastly auto crash in Kwara
- Gov. AbdulRazaq’s media aide, Rafiu Ajakaye warns against sensational reporting
- COAS visits Benue, pledges more military interventions in crises ridden areas
- Engr. Yunusa Yahaya’s death, a monumental loss to humanity— Emir of Okuta
- Emir Sulu-Gambari condoles with Etsu Tsaragi over Yahaya’s death