The 81 Division of the Nigerian Army on Thursday says it has arrested 37 suspected Boko Haram terrorists in Lagos and Ogun States within the last 15 months.
The outgoing General Officer Commanding (GOC) 81 Division, Maj.-Gen. Isidore Edet, disclosed this in Lagos while handing over to his successor, Maj.-Gen. Ebenezer Oyefolu.
Edet said the Division, under his watch, arrested the terrorists in different parts of the two states.
“As Boko Haram is being defeated, the terrorists run to other parts of the country. From the period I took over in August 2015 till date, we arrested 37 Boko Haram suspects. We will continue to arrest them and hand them over to the appropriate authorities”, he said.
Edet said his most challenging moment as GOC 81 Division was the abduction of three of his operatives by militants in Ijagemo Area of Lagos, “I had to work round-the-clock to secure their release”.
On pipeline vandals at Arepo area of Ikorodu, the outgone GOC said the Army worked collaboratively and cooperatively with other security agencies to rout the vandals from the area.
In his remark, the new GOC, Maj.-Gen. Oyefolu, said he would key into the successes of his predecessor to move the Division forward.
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest