Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole,Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, on Wednesday said the military had intensified search for the 110 school girls abducted in Yobe.
Nicholas said that the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd), Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar and other senior military officers have joined the search.
“For the NSA and Chief of Air Staff to be part of the search means that government is serious in rescuing these abducted girls.
“Primarily, the NSA is here to add value to what we are doing.
“The NSA also introduced us to some of the locals: the fishermen, farmers, who have very good knowledge of the terrain, to work with us in terms of intelligence to contribute to the search effort we are making.
“The Nigerian Air Force has been airborne for the past three days and deployed additional platforms for the exercise.
“As I speak, the air has been covered; over 200 hours spent flying across the theatre in the search operation.
“Additionally, the ground forces are out there searching for the children in various likely places that we have identified in co-ordination with the Air Force; we are doing a great job”.
. Cue out audio
According to him, the Nigerian military is working in collaboration with Cameroon to locate and rescue the girls from captivity.
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents abducted 110 school girls at the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi in Busari Local Government Council of Yobe on Feb. 19.
- Olam, Kwara Govt treat communities on tropical diseases
- Presidential rally: Tinubu’s supporters besiege Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78