Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole,Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, on Wednesday said the military had intensified search for the 110 school girls abducted in Yobe.
Nicholas said that the National Security Adviser, Maj.-Gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd), Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar and other senior military officers have joined the search.
“For the NSA and Chief of Air Staff to be part of the search means that government is serious in rescuing these abducted girls.
“Primarily, the NSA is here to add value to what we are doing.
“The NSA also introduced us to some of the locals: the fishermen, farmers, who have very good knowledge of the terrain, to work with us in terms of intelligence to contribute to the search effort we are making.
“The Nigerian Air Force has been airborne for the past three days and deployed additional platforms for the exercise.
“As I speak, the air has been covered; over 200 hours spent flying across the theatre in the search operation.
“Additionally, the ground forces are out there searching for the children in various likely places that we have identified in co-ordination with the Air Force; we are doing a great job”.
. Cue out audio
According to him, the Nigerian military is working in collaboration with Cameroon to locate and rescue the girls from captivity.
Suspected Boko Haram insurgents abducted 110 school girls at the Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi in Busari Local Government Council of Yobe on Feb. 19.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Dancing Senator, Ademola Adeleke declared as authentic Osun PDP candidate
- Hajj: NAHCON inaugurates, screens medical team
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders