Nigerian Army has concluded on Sunday to launch a new security initiative code named ‘Operation Crocodile Smile’ in Ogun state in order to address the security challenges.
Alamala, Abeokuta, Basil Adoke, the Brigade Commander of the 35 Artillery Brigade, disclosed this in Abeokuta at a reception organised by the state government as part of activities to mark Nigeria’s 57th independence anniversary.
Adoke, revealed, that the initiative would commence in the next couple of days, across the state and its environs, is targeted at miscreants.
“We are going to start Operation Crocodile Smile in Ogun and it involves series of actions to step up tempo targeted at miscreants.”
The commander, who allayed fears over the initiative, called on Read also: I’m not proud of Nigeria @ 57, Ex-Minister gives shocking revelations residents to be calm, stressing that some miscreants had been identified and would be flushed out.
“Though the state is relatively peaceful but we still have some miscreants to deal with, so when you see Crocodile Smile, don’t be scared,”
According to him, the exercise is a replica of Operation Python Dance recently carried out in Abia to tackle crime.
Responding, Gov. Ibikunle Amosun, commended the roles of security operatives in the state since he took over in 2011. He pledged continued support on any programme to make the state crime-free.
Amosun said: “ I want to appreciate our security agencies and we will continue to support security measures put in place to silence criminals in our state. This is because Ogun has grown to become the economic hub of Nigeria and investments can only continue to thrive in an environment of peace and order.” Read also: What Buhari told Nigerian troops at Independence will inspire you
Reflecting on Nigeria at 57, Amosun expressed optimism that the nation would overcome all its challenges, stressing that ” this period is just a phase in our national life.’’
He stressed the need for Nigeria to consider and use its high population as a factor of strength in unity.
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house
- NiMet alerts on thick dust haze in Kano, Katsina, others
- Naira redesigned: Maximum cash withdrawal now N100,000