The army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Sani Usman, on Saturday said the promotion followed the recommendation of the Army Promotion Board 3 and 4 “as reflected in the 2017 Nigerian Army Forecast of Events.”
Sani usman listed some of the beneficiaries in the category of those elevated to Colonel as the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 7 Division, Lt.- Col. K.M Samuel and Lt.-Col. O.O Diya of 707 Special Forces Brigade.
Others, he said are Lt.- Col.l A.M Tukur, Commanding Officer of 119 Task Force Battalion, Lt.-Co.l M.B Shehu, Commanding Officer 158 Battalion and Lt.-Col. K.C Uwa, Commanding Officer 146 Battalion.
According to him, one other officer, late Lt.-Col. Aliyu Suleman was promoted, posthumously.
Promoted Lieutenant Colonel is the Acting Commanding Officer of 115 Task Force Battalion, Major MD Olaseni, and Acting Commanding Officer of 151 Task Force Battalion, Major OJ Okwoli, among others,” he said.
- Wike donates N70million to families of three slain police officers
- TUC calls on FG to solve naira, fuel crises
- Petrol scarcity to end in one week– NNPC
- Lagos PDP mourns as deputy governorship candidate loses mum
- Plateau Govt hands over 32 missionary schools to original owners
- AMAZING…. Ohanaeze Ndigbo finally reveals candidates to support during elections
- Why I’m supporting Tinubu, AbdulRazaq— Latinwo
- INEC has no business with MC Olumo, but park managers– REC
- Protesters shut Benin’s CBN branch over Naira scarcity
- Opposition behind naira frustration– Lai Mohammed