The former national chairman of the party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, was suspended from the party based on allegations that he did not pay his pensions for eight months when he was governor of the state.
The Ward 10 Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in the Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State, Mr Stephen Oshawo, on Thursday, stated this in Benin-City.
FOYAL NEWS reports that Ashawo received an award for good governance as an outstanding political icon of the year from the Chief Executive Officer of Mega House Entertainment, Goodluck Ogbeide.
The APC stalwart said, “I am very happy for the award. This award means a lot to me. It means that I should continue to do what I have done that warranted this award because I believe in truth, transparency, and also eliminating godfatherism.
“You know, this government believes in development and the masses. The truth is that, when the former government (Oshiomhole) was in power as the governor of the state, I was an insider, I was the chairman of Ward 10. I suffered many things and nobody knew me or recognised me.
“As a chairman to the governor of the state, I couldn’t receive my gratuity as a pensioner and as a chairman to Oshiomhole when he was still the governor of the state, I was not able to get my pension for eight months, but when Godwin Obaseki came in, it didn’t take him up to a month, he paid my gratuity and not only me but all the pensioners in Edo State.”
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling