unidentified assassins have killed a man simply identified as Baba Jide in his car in front of the main gate of The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
Eyewitnesses on Friday said that the victim’s head was blasted into pieces by his assailant, making it difficult to recognise him.
His body was found behind the wheels of his Volkswagen Golf 2 car with number plate FC 996 APP in the early hours of the day.
An eyewitness, Emma Collins, said, “The position of the vehicle on the road and the red stains on the glass windows drew our attention to it early this morning. The man’s head was barely there anymore.
“The impact of the gun scattered it and splattered the brains and blood all over the vehicle. It is not clear when it happened but it could be late in the night. The bloodstains were no longer fresh when we saw it,” Collins said.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Oyo State Command, Adekunle Ajisebutu, told our correspondent that it was a suspected case of murder and that the body of the deceased had been taken to the Adeoyo State Hospital for autopsy. He added that investigation had begun already.
“I can confirm that a man was shot dead in his car along the Sango-Poly road. It must have happened during the night. The police was called to the scene and the body has been taken to Adeoyo State Hospital for autopsy. The man is simply identified for now as Baba Jide. His vehicle has been taken to a police station.
“It is a case of suspected murder which the command is investigating. The Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude, has directed the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department to carry out a discreet investigation and ensure the culprits are arrested,” Ajisebutu said
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG
- IsDB, UNCTAD, unite over sustainable investment
- How I deal with people who disappoint me— Tinubu
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano