After over 12 hours meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja ,the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
The meeting started by 1:38pm on Thursday 7 and ended at 2:15 a.m. on Friday,ROYAL NEWS gathered.
That the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week. The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.
According to Ogunyemi “Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration.”
The minister of education Adamu Adamu,, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency