Finally, ASUU reaches agreement with FG
After over 12 hours meeting between ASUU and a government delegation in Abuja ,the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) says it has agreed to consider the federal government’s offer and suspend their strike.
The meeting started by 1:38pm on Thursday 7 and ended at 2:15 a.m. on Friday,ROYAL NEWS gathered.
That the leadership of ASUU, however, said though it accepted the proposal presented by the government, it will take the proposal to its members and get back to the government in a week. The national president of ASUU, Biodun Ogunyemi, told journalists after the meeting that the union will come back after one week to take its final decisions.
According to Ogunyemi “Now we have some concrete proposal that we will take back to our members for consideration.”
The minister of education Adamu Adamu,, said ASUU’s demands have been addressed and the union will get back to the government in a week after consulting with its principals.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- (PHOTOS)EFCC arrests 28 suspected Yahoo Yahoo boys in Kwara
- Aggrieved parties file 25 petitions before Lagos election tribunal
- Referee suspended for using fan’s phone to review a goal
- Ramadan: Buhari sends best wishes to Muslim faithful
- NLC declares nationwide strike from Wednesday next week
- President-Elect Tinubu jets out to Europe
- JUST IN…..Emir of Ilorin confirms commencement of Ramadan fasting tomorrow
- I didn’t interfere, polls reflected Nigerians’ choices – Buhari
- Remove fuel subsidy before you go — U.S to Buhari
- Kwara: EFCC secures conviction of 37yr-old driver over illegal minning