The People Democratic Party’s (PDP) Presidential Aspirant Atiku Abubakar has appealed to former Jigawa state Governor Alhaji Sule Lamido to step down for him in the presidential primary.
The former Vice President made this appeal in the PDP secretariat in Jigawa State during his visit to the state as part of his tour to rally for support ahead of party’s presidential primaries.
Abubakar also payed homage to former Jigawa Governor Alhaji Sule in Bamaina his home town as he seek his support.
He stated that he was in the state to pleaded with the former Jigawa state Governor Alhaji Sule Lamido to subjugate his presidential ambition and support his own in order to show the All Progressive Congress (APC) the way out of power come 2019.
While referring to Lamido has his junior brother, Atiku related the incident with what happened in 1993 election under the Social Democratic Party SDP in Katsina state when Shehu Musa Yar’Adua stepped down for Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.
“Junior brother cannot contest against his Senior brother, the junior brother instantly stepped down for his brother due to his loyalty,” he recalled.
Abubakar lamented the terrible situation the country is confronted with in every area; he emphasized the need to take back the destiny of the Nigeria nation from the ruling party.
“The government inherited economy growing at about 7% and crashed it to recession in its first year and currently going below 2%,”he noted.
“Most of the parts of this country are currently feeling excluded,” he added.
Responding, Alhaji Lamido said the visit is a home coming visit.
The presidential aspirants kept mute after the closed door meeting as they declined to comment on the issue.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption