By Olakunle Adeniyi
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and a chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC) has endowed an education fund for the children of his late aide, Dr. Adinoyi-Ojo Onukaba.
The announcement was made in a statement issued on Tuesday in Abuja by the former Vice President`s media coordinator, Mr Paul Ibe.
According to the statement, Ibe made the announcement while on a condolence visit on behalf of Atiku to the deceased family during the 8th day fidau prayer in his honour.
According to him, the purpose of the Education Endowment Fund was to support the education of the deceased children up to University level.
“His Excellency, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has asked me to announce to the bereaved Onukaba family that he is setting up an education endowment fund for his children.
“The fund will serve the need of providing education to the children of late Dr. Adinoyi-Ojo Onukaba up to University level,” Ibe said in the statement.
He added that sequel to the development; other notable friends of the deceased had set up a committee.
This, he said, was to supervise further support that friends and well wishers of the deceased would be willing to extend to the bereaved family.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Onukaba, died on March 6 on his way from former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s 80th birthday celebrations.
Onukaba who died at the age of 57, was associated with the former Vice President for over three decades and he left behind four children and a wife.
He was a former Managing Director of the Daily Times Nigeria Plc.
Atiku had earlier described the deceased who was his former spokesman as a veteran Journalist, playwright, writer and an irreplaceable asset that was loyal and reliable until the very last day.
“Ojo was at my house on Friday, he visited me before travelling out of Abuja. I had no idea that it was the last time I would ever set eyes on him.
“He has little concern for material things, he is a pure intellectual, motivated only by a desire to give the best that his brains has to offer,’’ Atiku had said.
- TEMPORARY BAN ON PROTEST, RALLIES AND UNLAWFUL PROCESSIONS IN KWARA
- Opinion….THE ESSENTIALS OF GBENGA POWER (1)
- 35 Muslim Personalities, Groups Set To Bag IMAN’s Awards
- New currency: NASS, INEC admit threat to general elections
- Tinubu hails Nigerian Governors over Supreme Court ruling on CBN Naira Swap policy
- Election will hold as scheduled– INEC Chairman briefs FEC
- Bank workers threaten nationwide shutdown over attacks
- Old naira extension: Tinubu hails govs over Supreme Court ruling
- Governors beg Buhari to extend naira swap deadline
- Naira Notes: Supreme Court bans FG, CBN in a temporary ruling