Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State has affirmed that the Atiku/Okowa ticket will win South West in a landslide going by the massive goodwill and good programmes of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.
Speaking at the presidential rallies at Abeokuta and Ibadan on Wednesday and Thursday, Governor Adeleke noted that Alhaji Abubakar is a national candidate who has spent his years of professional and business life in South West Nigeria, adding that “Yoruba people are determined to enthrone good governance as typified by the Atiku/Okowa candidacy.
Governor Adeleke who was quotted by his media aide, Mallam Olawale Rasheed, said, “I have seen the high level of turnout and goodwill the PDP enjoys across Yorubaland. This was demonstrated in Osun state when I was massively voted into office. The light of grace started in Osun and Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is spreading it to all parts of South West and Nigeria.
“Yorubas will support Atiku/Okowa candidacy because he is the most experienced, most tested, and the most stable to protect the interests of all Nigerians. Yorubas want an all-inclusive Nigeria and only Atiku can deliver on that.
“Osun State will vote PDP. Same for Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, and Lagos states. Atiku’s blueprint is the only one that can take Nigeria out of the wood”, Governor Adeleke declared.
Speaking at Mapo Hall Ibadan, Governor Adeleke who was widely hailed by the party supporters called on Yorubas to reject mediocrity and embrace good leadership under Atiku Abubakar.
“Next month is around the corner. Vote PDP at all levels. Secure your future. Osun people have shown the template. We must copy Osun state. Osun state hosts the cradle of Yorubaland and Osun is now PDP enjoying rule of law, due process, and good governance”, he emphasised.
- JAMB opens up on extending registration
- JAMB suspends CBT centre in Kwara for violating rules
- COVID-19 remains International health threat, WHO warns
- 59 confirmed dead and 157 injured in Pakistan mosque bomb blast
- Redesigned notes: Lagos residents groan as scarcity hits hard
- West Ham set up Man United tie by beating Derby
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu