Atiku’s petition against Tinubu adjourned to May 18
The Presidential Election Petition Court has adjourned to Thursday, May 18, 2023, the continuation of the pre-hearing of the petition by the Peoples Democratic Party and its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar against the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, of the All Progressives Congress.
In the petition marked CA/PEPC/05/2023, the PDP and Atiku are challenging the declaration of Tinubu as the president-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
Listed as 1st to 3rd respondents in the petition are the Independent National Electoral Commission, Bola Tinubu, and the APC.
The pre-hearing of the petition was taken first on Thursday morning after counsel for Atiku and PDP, Chris Uche (SAN), indicated an interest in the matter.
“I have the permission of Wole Olanikpekun to indicate interest first in number 2,” he told the tribunal.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu commiserates with India over deadly train crash
- N2bn: Ex-Women Affairs Minister, Pauline Tallen reacts to rumoured EFCC’s arrest
- EFCC grills Buhari’s minister Pauline Tallen
- UN appoints Akinwumi Adesina, Muhtar, Nwuneli into new positions
- We won’t fix petrol prices again – NMDPRA
- Court affirms Iyorchia Ayu’s sack as PDP National Chairman
- Importer to CBN: Tell the truth, Naira has been devalued
- NLC to commence nationwide strike on Wednesday if new petrol price isn’t reversed
- Breaking….. Tinubu announces critical appointments, Gbajabiamila, Akume, Hadejia make list
- FG to fix one refinery before December — Kyari