“Senator Saidu Umar Kumo from Gombe and North East DG Atiku/PDP Presidential Campaign Council has dumped PDP and joined the moving train to the #NextLevel,” Bashir Ahmed tweeted on Friday.
The former lawmaker had earlier defected from the opposition party in January 2018.
He returned in March of the same year, stating that he was “compelled to return to the party to facilitate the presidential aspirations of Alhaji Atiku Ábubakar come 2019.”
In September, Kumo was arraigned in court by the Economic Financial Crime Commission on a five-count charge bothering on conspiracy and money laundering.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- ONDO: 77 victims found underground were awaiting second coming of Jesus Christ— Pastors
- MURIC TO NECO : PLEASE SHIFT EXAM FROM SALAH DAY
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Gov. Abdulrazaq approves job recruitment in Kwara
- UNICEF Commends the Rescue of Over 50 Abducted Children in Ondo
- Buhari inaugurates 55km road in Yobe
- 11 die in incinerated vehicles on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Ekiti residents urge governor-elect to give priority to security
- EMIR OF ILORIN COMMISERATES WITH OKE-ODE COMMUNITY, KWARA NUJ