Actress Ruth Kadiri has reacted to reports that actor, Baba Ijesha, who has been accused of molesting a minor seven years ago, will be released on Friday, April 30.
A police source has said that the actor may be released due to the ongoing strike action by judicial workers. The police source said he will be released as it is against the law to hold him in custody without trial. The source also said no case of defilement has been established against the actor. Read here.
Reacting to the development via her Instagram page, Ruth wrote;
”In Nigeria, children have no rights, there are no laws guiding them. This is no place to raise your kids. Even the people in power, some of them are pedophiles . Keep your young ones safe. Be guarded.”
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter