Gov. Abubakar Bagudu of Kebbi State, has joined hundreds of sympathizers to extinguished a midnight fire at the state’s Malaria Control Unit Central Store, Birnin Kebbi.
Bagudu along side some cabinet members, top government functionaries and residents participated in a joint effort to successfully put out the fire on Thursday.
Alhaji Abubakar Dakingari, Chief Press Secretary to Kebbi State Government, confirmed the incident in a statement on Friday in Birnin Kebbi.
Dakingari disclosed that a large consignment of drugs has been salvaged from the central medical store which was gutted by fire.
“The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertain, it raged for about four hours before brought under control through combined efforts of sympathisers including, Gov. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu,” he said.
Gov. Bagudu thanked the Good Samaritans who contributed in bringing the inferno under control and salvaged most of the drugs in the store.
The governor acknowledged that there was minimal damage to the stored items as large chunk of the goods were retrieved.
According to the statement, other people that aided in quenching the fire include the Chief of Staff, Government House, Alhaji Suleiman Muhammad-Argungu and Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Alhaji Babale Umar-Yauri.
Others were the State Commissioner of Police; the State Director, Department of State Security Service (DSS), State Commander, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), men of the fire service and other paramilitary organisations.
“Likewise, the Commissioners of Health, Works, Permanent Secretaries and Directors participated in putting off the fire in addition to evacuating important materials and goods.
“However, loss was recorded of other consumables, drugs and equipment of an amount yet to be quantified as a result of the fire,” Dakingari said. NAN
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house