The Ishola Balogun- Fulani led All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara state announced has named of its candidates for various legislative positions at both the state and federal levels in next year’s general elections.
The state secretary of the faction, Chief Christopher Tunji Ayeni announced the names of candidates that emerged victorious in its primaries for both the state Assembly and National assembly seats at the party’s secretariat, Onikanga road, GRA, Ilorin.
Ayeni said the party followed the directive of the APC National Working Committee (NWC) and conducted the primaries through direct method.
According to Ayeni, the party’s candidate for the Kwara central senatorial district is Hon. Umar Lanrewaju Babatunde while the winner of the House of Representatives seat for Offa/Ifelodun/Oyun federal constituency is Mrs. Dada Elizabeth while Hon Usman Babalafia will fly the party’s ticket for Kaima/Baruten federal constituency and AbdulHameed Ali will fly the flag for Ilorin West/Asa.
Candidates were also elected for the state’s assembly race according to Ayeni. They include Lawal Sodiq for Owode onirin, Mohammed Ndakwa for Patigi, Victor Oguntimi for Ekiti, Miss Alhassan for Gwanara/Ilesha and Gabriel Babatunde for Isin.
Others include Salman Hakeem for Ilorin North, Olarinoye Lasun for Ojomu /Balogun, AbdulKadir Olarewaju for ilorin south, Alhaji Mulikat Onagun for Ilorin West and Suleiman Kudirat for Ilorin East state constieuncy.
The factional secretary, who was flanked by other officials said everything was done in accordance with the laid down rules of the NWC and asked the public to disregard any other primary held on the same issue.
He said: “Please don’t be deceived, there is no any other primary apart from the one conducted by this group led by Alhaju Ishola Balogun Fulani. Any other primary is a kangaroo and has no place in the record of the APC and will therefore become an exercise in futility. ”
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun