A governorship aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Alhaji Abdullahi Yaman Shuiabu, has commiserated with the people of Kwara State over the death of the first military governor of the state, Brig. Gen. David Bamigboye (rtd).
This was contained in his condolence message issued on Friday in Ilorin stressing that, “Kwara State has lost another great gem who fought for the unity and progress of the state from infancy as the doyen military governor.”
According to him, “The name of late Bamigboye is synonymous to Kwara State due to his unquantifiable roles he played which eventually led to the creation of Kwara State among other states in 1967. His roles in the NIgeria Civil War as well as the post civil war reconstruction, rehabilitation and reconciliation strategies implementation shall not be forgotten too soon during the General Yakubu Gowon-led military government in Nigeria.
“He was a gallant military officer whose detrabilised character stood him out to becoming a factor to reckon with in the then military government. I respect him so much and I could remember vividly when I was in Government Secondary School (GSS), Omu-Aran, I used to pick ball for him when he visited us in school and decided to catch some fun with the pupils on the football pitch then.”
Yaman added that, “Although, the deceased lived a fulfilled life worthy of emulation but his death is a colossal loss to us especially at this critical period. The last time I visited him, I reminded him the gist of my days at GSS Omu-Aran and we both had moments of long conversations and fun. I pray God to give the families, the Omu-Aran community and Kwarans at large the fortitude to bear the great loss.”
- Kwara Governor Mourns As Ex-Women Affairs Commissioner Dies In Auto-Crash
- Naira Redesign: How CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele deceived Buhari— Oshiomhole
- Emir of Ilorin salutes Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq at 63
- Entrepreneurs count losses over scarcity of new Naira notes
- Buhari has indeed subdued Boko Haram — Buratai
- Peter Obi appeals for calm over cash crunch, challenges banks
- How I confronted insurgency as COAS – Buratai
- Kwara Speaker celebrates Gov. Abdulrazaq at 63
- 2023 polls: Buratai solicits support for Tinubu, APC
- CAN felicitates Kwara Gov., AbdulRazaq at 63