Hammed Salawu Minna
NIGER State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello, has said that if Nigeria must move forward, corrupt politicians and civil servants should be ban from participating actively in politics.
Speaking during the inauguration and chattering of the Niger state branch of Nigerian Association of Technologists in Engineering (NATE) in Minna, he said opportunity should only be given to those who are clean, honest and have the fear of God.
The governor who was represented by the Commissioner of Information, Mr. Jonathan Vatsa, on Sunday also disclosed that the state has embarked on reviving Vocational and Technical schools which have been moribund and left to rot by previous administrations.
According to him “I will say it over and over again, corrupt politicians and civil servants should be banned from participating in active politics if we want Nigeria to move forward.
“In China, corrupt leaders are being executed, if in our own case we can’t execute them, then we should ban them from participating in politics and give opportunity to those who are clean, honest and have the fear of God.”
He further charged Nigerlites to hold the government accountable on how monies are expended in the state, adding that “the fundamental issue facing us as a nation is corruption and if you look at Niger state, we are where we are today because in the past we had corrupt leaders who were not able to manage the Peoples resources wisely.
“One good thing about democracy when it is described as the government of the people, is that the people should ask questions; we came in through their votes and not by power. Those who voted us in should ask us questions, how their monies are being spent, because it will bring about checks and balances”.
National President of NATE, Ahmad Yabagi, said the essence of the Chattering is to sensitize the general public of the existence of the association as well as establishing a synergy between NATE, private sectors and government.
The climax of the event had NATE bestowed on the Commissioner of Information, Mr. Jonathan Vatsa, an award of honour for his contribution and achievement in the field of Technology especially in turning around the state owned Radio and Television stations.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections