A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, (APC) Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje on Sunday disclosed that Nigeria will be redeemed from all the present turbulence, if the leaders and the led forsake their sinful ways.He stressed that Christmas celebration should be used as a sober reflection by toeing the path of Jesus Christ to savage the country from collapse.Baraje who felicitated with Christians on the celebration of Christmas in a statement issued from his media office in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital, harped on the need to move closer to God and repent.He also called on Nigerians to rededicate themselves to the virtues of peace, piety, humanity and service to others which Jesus Christ stood for.
According to him , “if such virtues were strictly followed, it would immensely help the nation and her citizens to become a more united , peaceful and progressive nation.”
He noted that the only way out of the numerous challenges confronting the nation, especially the economic crunch and insecurity is for all Nigerians to repent and ask for God’s blessings and observed that the present administration had taken a number of measures to restore hope to the people but however called for the fear of God and proper implementation of the various programmes.
According to him, “If Nigerians forsake their sinful ways, the country will be redeemed from all the present turbulence. Nigerian leaders particularly the clergy should mend their ways by working towards ending senseless crisis in some parts of the country, especially negative atrocities of herdsmen and the Boko Haram insurgents.”
The APC Chieftain who felicitated with Nigerians on the occasion of the celebration of Christmas also charged Christians to be vanguard of peace by living harmoniously with other religious faith and also urged the Federal Government and all the agencies concerned to quickly address the issue of the fuel crisis which according to him, is biting harder at the detriment of the masses .
He therefore charged Nigerians, with reference to religious leaders to intensify efforts in praying for the oneness of the country, the leaders and for harmonious relationship.
Facebook Comments Box
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules