A Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje has volunteered to sponsor the education of five gifted children of the Islamic Orphanage Foundation, Ilorin from Nursery, primary to higher institution level.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Alhaji Baraje disclosed this at his GRA residence in Ilorin when the board , management , staff and children of the foundation led by its Chairman , Architect Seifullahi Alege paid him a thank you visit.
The APC chieftain who is also the founder and Financier of Baraje Center for Arabic and Islamic Studies, Gerewu, Ilorin requested that the management of the foundation should forward the list of all their eighty four students at the various tertiary institutions across the country to cater for some of their educational pursuit .
Alhaji Baraje appealed to wealthy Nigerians to continue to cater for the less privileged in the society particularly those at orphanage homes more so those among them that fall under the category of the sick, widows and orphans.
He commended the management of the foundation for further propagating Islam through their activities in line with the teachings of the Holy Quran by taking care of the needy and promised to continue to contribute his quota to the empowerment of the less privileged in the society.
Earlier in his remarks, the Chairman of the Board of Trustee of the foundation, Architect Alege appreciated the singular efforts of Alhaji Baraje in catering for the children of the foundation since it was established.
According to him , they visited Alhaji Baraje to demonstrate the love and appreciation the two hundred and seventy six children of the orphanage have for him as the singular highest donor to the lives of the orphans at the foundation since 2010 to date.
Architect Alege appealed to Alhaji Baraje to assist the foundation in sponsoring some media activities of the foundation so as to further propagate their programmes outside the state.
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy