Barcelona president, Joan Laporta has confirmed that Ronald Koeman will stay as Barcelona boss for the 2021-22 campaign with the Dutchman offered a lifeline following a poor debut season.
Koeman took over from Quique Setien last summer following their embarrassing 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich in the Champions League, and was tasked with winning LaLiga and the Champions League.
But this season Barca were eclipsed by Atletico Madrid to the Spanish title and crashed out of Europe in the last-16.
Koeman however won the Copa del Rey.
Barca chief Laporta confirmed on Thursday, June 3, that Koeman would stay on after a meeting with the club’s board of directors.
‘I’d like to announce that, after a period of reflection, we have decided to continue with Koeman,’ Laporta said.
Koeman has one more year left on his contract. Barca have already signed Eric Garcia and Sergio Aguero.
- Emir of Bauchi’s brother found dead
- PHOTO NEWS: FG empowers women in Kebbi
- Gov. Adeleke reacts to tribunal’s judgement, vows to appeal
- BREAKING….Ademola Adeleke sacked as Osun Governor
- Kebbi assembly deputy speaker, 5 other resign appointments
- Adamawa guber candidate dies
- Lawyer sues CBN, seeks extension of deadline for old naira notes
- CBN unveils domestic card to strengthen payments system
- SHOCKING… Governor loses son
- Banks in Ogun applauded over circulation of new naira notes