Barcelona are reportedly eyeing a January swoop for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang amid uncertainty over his future at Arsenal.
The Gunners confirmed on Tuesday December 14, that Aubameyang, 32, has been stripped of the club captaincy over disciplinary breaches.
The Gabonese striker was first axed from the squad that recorded a 3-0 win over Southampton on Saturday after reporting back for club duty late from an approved trip to France to collect his sick mother, who has been unwell.
The Independent has now claimed Barca could offer him an “escape route from his Emirates nightmare next month.”
The Catalans are reportedly considering Aubameyang as a winter target amid their desire to add a new striker to their ranks for newly-appointed boss Xavi.
Aubameyang, who is on £350,000 a week and still has 18 months to run on his Arsenal contract, may not be prepared to accept a pay-cut to join Barcelona amid the club’s financial constraints.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide