Bauchi State Governor, Mohammed Abdullahi Abubakar, has pardoned 20 people detained in Bauchi Prisons who allegedly stoned him at the last Eid praying ground in Bauchi, the state capital.
The governor announced their pardon when a team of Amnesty International paid him a courtesy visit at the Government House, Bauchi on Thursday, saying that he never wished to punish them in the first instance for what they did against him.
According to Gov Abubakar, “It is not my wish to arrest them but I have to do that”, declaring that there is the need for people to respect their leaders.
“Even the Holy Quran teaches us to respect our leaders. So, I don’t see any reason why I will be stoned by my people just because I am conducting verification in my state”, he added.
He assured the visitors that that he will communicate his decision to the state Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice for him to go to the prison and free those people to their families.
The governor pleaded with people to be patient with government in the face of the current hardship being experienced as a result of recession in the country.
He, however, assured that the current hardship will soon come to pass, saying that government was doing everything possible to make life better for Nigerians.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)