A traditional ruler and District Head of a town in Bauchi State has been killed by Lassa fever, Governor Bala Mohammed has disclosed.
This was contained in a statement by the Special Assistant to the Governor on New Media, Lawal Muazu, on Monday.
According to the statement, the governor did not, however, give further details or the identity of the district head.
He said the governor disclosed this when he paid an advocacy visit to the Director General of the Center for Disease Control, Abuja, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu.
The governor described plans by the CDC to establish its centre in Bauchi State as a welcome development even as he pledged to provide the necessary facilities for its smooth take-off.
The governor said, “Because of the escalation of the outbreak of Lassa fever in Bauchi State, the death of one of the district heads and the infection by some medical personnel, I decided to cut down my official visit to Germany by coming to solicit the support of the Federal Government through the DG, National Centre for Disease Control and ED, National Primary Health Care Development Agency.”
Muazu noted that the governor said he was currently working on accessing alternative funding from relevant bodies through the support of multilateral bodies and global organizations working in the state.
The media aide said that the Director-General told the governor that the NCDC planned to establish its centre in Bauchi State to manage outbreak of diseases.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency