A 400-level student in the Department of Political Science, Bayero University Kano, Sunday Mercy, has died in the Ramat Hall female students’ hostel.
According to reports, Mercy died on Tuesday morning, June 8, after a fever attack. She was said to have been vomiting and foaming from the mouth when she died.
Confirming her demise to newsmen, the Dean of Student Affairs of the university, Shamsuddeen Umar, said she died of natural causes. According to Umar, the deceased had fallen ill a few days earlier and was taken to the University clinic where she was treated and taken care of before being discharged to her hostel. He said her condition however degenerated as she died on Tuesday.
Her body has however been deposited in the mortuary and awaiting autopsy.
- NSCDC arrest 7 suspects over alleged energy theft/meter tampering in Kwara
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn
- KWASACA seeks stakeholders’ support to end HIV/AIDS by 2030