No fewer than 12 cattle rustlers in army uniform have been arrested by personnel of the Nigerian Army at Chinkai village in Wukari local government area of Taraba state.
It was gathered that the suspects, alleged to be Tiv from Benue State, attempted to attack a Fulani settlement in the area.
A witness, Hardo Musa, told our reporter that the suspects were arrested with help of Jukun Youths and handed over to the army.
He said the mission of the suspects was to cause disaffection between the Fulani and the Jukun who were the host tribes in the area.
The Taraba state police Public Relations Officer, ASP David Misal, said he heard that some people in army uniform with guns were arrested by the army in part of Wukari but that he had no details of the development.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules