The Chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Benue Branch, Comrade Victoria Asher is dead.
This was contained in a brief statement issued on Saturday by the Secretary of NUJ Benue Council, Mr. Moses Akaahan.
Mr Moses stated that Asher died at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi after a caesarian, around 8 a.m. on Saturday.
According to the statement, Benue NUJ Council is expected to give notice for an emergency congress to that effect in due course.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92