A frontline member of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ekiti State, Senator Adedayo Adeyeye has said that better candidate irrespective of political party membership would win the 2022 governorship election in the state.
Speaking with our correspondent at the weekend in Abuja, Adeyeye said that the APC could only win the election if it present a popular and acceptable candidate to the people of the state.
“The election is going to be tough in the sense that the personality of candidate that would be presented by each political party would matter a lot in the election.
“The candidate that would emerge from the APC will determine the party’s chance of winning the election. It’s definitely not going to be based on the name of the party, because Ekiti people are not happy with the present administration in the state,” he stressed.
Asked whether he’s still interested in the governorship race having contested it twice in the past, his focus at the moment is on the South West Agenda, SWAGA, a movement for Bola Tinubu’s presidential ambition as its chairman.
“My focus now is on the success of SWAGA which I’m the chairman. It’s a national project and I don’t want to be distracted by a governorship election. We have had tremendous achievements since we launched it Ibadan with over 40 traditional rulers in attendance while we have also visited the palaces of prominent Yoruba obas, including the Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo and Alake of Egbaland, among others.
“We believe that if Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu emerge as the APC presidential candidate, he’s going to win by the grace of God because of his strong personality and achievements as a politician,” he said.
Adeyeye, who represented Ekiti South Senatorial District at the beginning of the Ninth Senate, expressed happiness that similar movement in support of Tinubu for presidency has been founded in two other regions, saying that the former Lagos State governor is a better candidate for the nation’s number one office in 2023.
He, therefore, appealed to all APC members, irrespective of their ethnic and religious affiliations to support Tinubu in becoming the party’s candidate for the 2023 presidential election.
- Why we are fighting corruption — Lai Mohammed
- EFCC restates commitments to tackling electoral fraud
- OPINION: As Kunle Akogun Hits Diamond Age
- PHOTO NEWS: Late Emir of Dutse requests to be buried in public cemetery
- N34.1bn generated as IGR in 2022– Kwara Govt
- Buhari inaugurates new MOFI Board, says FG targets N100trn
- Over 50 Emirs, others witness late Dutse monarch’s funeral prayer
- Emir Sulu-Gambari commiserates with Jigawa govt. over Dutse monarch’s death
- Gov. AbdulRazaq inaugurates APC campaign council in Kwara
- Media expert harps on importance of free press on democracy