By Simon Ujah, Kaduna
State Epidemiologist, Kaduna state, Dr. Jeremiah Daikwo, has raised alarm over outbreak of Lassa fever in Kaduna state.
Dr. Daikwo who raised the alarm in a statement at the weekend urged all health workers to maintain high level of Infection Prevention and Control practice in all our health facilities.
He said “Good day all. This is to bring to our notice that there is an outbreak of Lassa fever in Kaduna State. In view of this; All our health workers are to maintain high level of Infection Prevention and Control practice in all our Health facilities.
“A unit should be set immediately at the outpatient department to triage all patients that enter our health facilities. Another unit should be set inside the hospital to attend to all suspected cases
“Isolation ward should be created immediately at all health facilities to admit all suspected cases
“Call the State Epid. on 08036045755 or State DSNO on 08027396344 for any suspected cases. All these are for our safety.”
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt
- BREAKING…Yoruba King, Onijagbo of Ijagbo dies