Biblically and traditionally, bride price should only be paid for only virgins – Reno Omokri
Nigerian Author and social media commentator, Reno Omokri, has stated that bride price should only be paid for virgins.
The controversial critic and author who made the statement via Twitter, said the Bible contains scriptural evidence to back up his assertion.
Quoting a verse in Exodus, Omokri said biblically bride price should only be paid for women who are to be married as virgins.
He also went further by arguing that in deeply rooted traditional African society, bride price is meant to be paid for only virgins and not non virgins.
“What I am going to say will shock people. Scripturally, Bride Price is ONLY paid for virgins. Don’t argue with me. Argue with God. See Exodus 22:16-17. By virtue of Scripture (and also in traditional African society), you pay no Bride Price for non virgins. #RenosNuggets #EndSARS”
What I am going to say will shock people. Scripturally, Bride Price is ONLY paid for virgins. Don’t argue with me. Argue with God. See Exodus 22:16-17. By virtue of Scripture (and also in traditional African society), you pay no Bride Price for non virgins#RenosNuggets #EndSARS
— Reno Omokri (@renoomokri) November 7, 2020
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- DSS confirms plot by disgruntled elements for Interim Government
- Naira gains, exchanges N461.24 against dollar
- Buhari approves appointment of 6 new Perm Secs.
- Gawuna accepts defeat, congratulates Kano Gov-elect
- Senate urges banks to resume operations in Akwa Ibom
- Man arrested for allegedly raping 9-month-old baby in Lagos
- One Judge dismissed, two others demoted in Niger state
- OYO SUBEB Monitors Unified Exams
- I won’t run from EFCC after handover — Wike
- NASS prescribes 5-yr jail term for defaulters in Fed Audit Bill