– The kidnappers forcefully took the traditional ruler away and have not contacted the victim’s family
– The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the incident which is now a major security challenge across the country Reports say a traditional ruler in Akure, the capital of Ondo state, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
Oba Joel Daodu, the traditional ruler of Ita Oniyan in Akure, was kidnapped in the night of Saturday, April 15, according to The Punch.
The report quoted a source as saying the traditional ruler was forcefully taken away by his abductors. Kidnapping for ransom is now a major security challenge in Nigeria The report also said the family of the victim was yet to be contacted at the time of this report just as the whereabouts of the monarch remained unknown.
Femi Joseph, the spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, confirmed the incident and said the police was doing everything possible to rescue the victim.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign