– The kidnappers forcefully took the traditional ruler away and have not contacted the victim’s family
– The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the incident which is now a major security challenge across the country Reports say a traditional ruler in Akure, the capital of Ondo state, has been kidnapped by unknown gunmen.
Oba Joel Daodu, the traditional ruler of Ita Oniyan in Akure, was kidnapped in the night of Saturday, April 15, according to The Punch.
The report quoted a source as saying the traditional ruler was forcefully taken away by his abductors. Kidnapping for ransom is now a major security challenge in Nigeria The report also said the family of the victim was yet to be contacted at the time of this report just as the whereabouts of the monarch remained unknown.
Femi Joseph, the spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Force, confirmed the incident and said the police was doing everything possible to rescue the victim.
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter
- BREAKING…. Foremost Nigerian Emir, Muhammadu Sunusi II is dead
- Emefiele reveals what will happen to old naira notes after Feb. 10 deadline
- Peace Corps sets for Buhari’s assent to Bill, begins members’ training