The Muslim Media Watch Group of Nigeria has called for calm and restoration of peace in Sokoto State especially the State Capital following the unfortunate killing of a student of Shehu Shagari College of Education Sokoto – Deborah Samuel over alleged blaspheming post on a Whatsaap group by the deceased.
In a Press Statement released on Sunday and signed by the National Coordinator of the Group Mal. Ibrahim Abdullahi, the Group called on Parents, Guardians and youths in the State to heed the advice of the Sarkin Muslumi and Sultan of Sokoto His Eminence Dr. Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar that it is unislamic to kill anyone for whatever reason except if such a person committed murder and condemned to death by a Court of Law; adding that ‘there is no jungle justice in Islam’.
The Muslim Media Watch Group aligned itself Sultan’s view and advised protesting youths in Sokoto to stop breaching the public peace adding that Islam is a religion of peace; calling on ignorant muslims to stop misrepresenting Islam and get better-educated.
On the call for the release of two suspects arrested by the Police over the crime, the Group called on the Security Agencies in Sokoto State to fish-out the real perpetrators and their collaborators instead of ‘arresting only two persons after two days of a mob action’.
The Group warned non-muslims to steer clear of provocative religious pronouncements, social media posts and religious broadcasts capable of causing religious riot; and at the same time stated that muslims should desist from over-reaction leading to jungle justice over any wrong-doing whatsoever.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS