This warning was contained in a letter addressed to the Commissioners of Police and Command Headquarters of the FCT/Plateau State and signed by Ag. CP Idowu Owhunwa, Principal Staff Officer to the Acting Inspector-General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba.
The letter said, “Intelligence report at the disposal of the Inspector-General of Police has uncovered plan by Boko Haram Terrorists to attack major cities in the country, particularly in Jos, Plateau State and the FCT, Abuja.
“The proposed attacks would be coordinated by the duo of Muhammad Sani, a Boko Haram Commander, domiciled in Sambisa Forest and his Deputy, Suleiman (fnu), hibernating around Lawan Musa Zango, Gashua, Yobe State.
“In light of the above, it is the directive of the Inspector-General of Police that you review your security architecture across all critical Government infrastructures and police facilities in your jurisdiction with a view to checkmating the dastardly plans of these marauding terrorists.”
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku
- CBN deadline: Buhari speaks on reasons for currencies changes
- INEC extends PVCs collection to Feb. 5
- INEC extends PVCs collection deadline