The state Attorney-General, Moyosore Onigbanjo, SAN, filed a one-count charge against Vandi for the murder of Mrs Bolanle Raheem.
The charge sheet reads; “That you ASP Drambi Vandi on the 25th day of December 2022, at Ajah Road, along the Lekki Expressway, Lagos, unlawfully killed one Omobolanle Raheem by shooting the deceased in the chest contrary to Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.”
The state appeared before the court for an order to remand the suspect in line with Section 264 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Law of Lagos, 2015.
The Magistrate, Ms Adeola Olatunbosun, granted the order and asked that the suspect be remanded at the Ikoyi Correctional Centre. She ordered that the case file be duplicated and sent to the Director of Public Prosecution, Dr. Jide Martins for legal advice.
She then adjourned the case to January 30, 2023 to await legal advice.
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate
- LASU Senate elects Omobitan new Deputy VC
- Abuja /Kaduna train to resume operations on Tuesday
- Diezani drags EFCC to court to recover seized assets