The mother of slain lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, who was gruesomely murdered on Christmas day, December 25, by a trigger-happy police officer in the Ajah Area of Lagos state, has expressed her sadness over the loss of her daughter, who was her only child.
The distraught mum expressed her grief while speaking with Abiodun Alabi, the Lagos police commissioner, during a condolence visit by the latter to her house on Tuesday, December 27.
The deceased’s mother said she hawked oranges to ensure that Raheem studied law in university.
‘I cannot see my ‘The Law’ again. People usually call her ‘The Law’. She was taken away from me. She was pregnant with twins. She died with her glory. She left a five-year-old daughter behind. And they took her away.
On Monday, my granddaughter came to me and said ‘Grandma Iju Ishaga, I saw you yesterday when you were crying; you were shouting; is it because of my mummy?’ And I said ‘yes’.
Then she came again and told me, ‘Pastor Jerry said what God cannot do does not exist; so, grandma, stop crying’. And she kissed me on the cheek.
Just like that, she was taken away from me. Oluwagbenga (referring to the deceased’s husband), you won’t see your love. It is not easy. A child that I have been training since childhood. I suffered over her. I hawked oranges; there is nothing I did not do.
“God please fight for me. My only child,” she said.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants