Okagbare on Wednesday shared the good news via her verified Instagram handle.
She said: “A dream made reality through God’s grace and determination.
“Look what finally came in the mail.
“Thanks to Guinness book of world records, I am indeed honored, proud and grateful.”
The mail sent to her by the body said: “The most appearance in diamond league meetings by an athlete is 67 and was achieved by Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria) between 30 July 2010 to 31 Aug. 2018.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Okagbare, a the track and field athlete won a silver medal at the 2018 Beijing Olympic.
She also won silver and bronze in the long jump and 200 meter events respectively at the 2013 World Championships held in Moscow, Russia.
The 32-year-old had a brilliant outing at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow where she won two gold medals and a silver.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92