ROYAL NEWS gathered that the late Salihu Tanko was appointed as the 16th Chief of Tegina in 1971.
He was appointed as the second Chief of Kagara with a second-Class status on Jan 1, 1982, to succeed Alh Ahmadu Attahiru who held the position until his death in November 1981.
On 1st Nov. 1991, Alh Salihu Tanko was promoted to the rank of a First-Class Emir by the military Governor of Niger State Col. Lawan Gwadabe
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign