Another chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, has joined those calling for the sack of some ministers in the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Baba-Ahmed asked the president to to drop those in his government who have not performed.
ROYAL NEWS reports that Baba-Ahmed spoke in an interview in Kaduna on Sunday, November 20 urging the president to quickly push policies that would reduce the current high level of poverty in the country through.
The report quoted him as saying: “If you go by the opinion of a lot of Nigerians, some of the ministers are just filling up space. “There is a case to be made for the argument that the president should critically assess his ministers and remove those that he believes have not performed as well as they should.
The APC chieftain noted that the level of poverty in Nigeria require urgent solution, adding: “What the government can do is what I think it is doing, trying to come up with policies that in the short time, can alleviate the crushing poverty. “There are a lot of people who feed only once a day, there is a lot of hunger, frustration and bitterness.
“If we have N500 billion in the presidency now waiting to be disbursed, one would like to see an imaginative and productive use of that money, so that it reaches people that need it to feed, pay school fees, pay medical bills, rent and to go to places where they can earn a living.
“Government must mobilize resources directly and make sure that it gets to the people. READ ALSO: Rampaging desperadoes for Nigeria’s 2019 presidency, by Charles Ibekwe “In the longer term, we need bold and imaginative policies that should reposition and restructure the economy, to reduce dependence on oil.”
Asked to speak on the performance of President Buhari, he said: “One year is long enough to assess people and too short to actually pass judgment. “I will say yes, he has done well in the area of fighting security, he has done well in terms of signaling his intention to fight corruption, and has many challenges in managing economic recession.”
- Senate approves Tinubu’s removal of Irukera as FCCPC boss
- NDDC: Senate rejects Anambra as lawmakers biker over Kogi
- Senate Summons Wike , FCT CP over spate of kidnappings
- Reps Reject NNPCL’s OVH Acquisition Report, Order Fresh Investigation
- NNPCL, OPEC Pledge Collaboration to Attract Investments, Grow Production
- COED Tech. lay-off 95 workers in Enugu over alleged irregularities
- ‘Yahoo Plus’ pushes 27yr-old man to kill father for rituals
- (PHOTOS) Army GOC visits Shehu of Borno, sues for collaboration
- NatureNews Targets 5bn Trees Plantation by 2030, Unveils ‘NaijaGreenProject’ Initiative
- NLC suspends nationwide protest