Former Governor of Kaduna State, Balarabe Musa, on Friday said he will no longer participate in active politics due to failing health and old age.
Musa told the 54th National Executive Committee Meeting of the Peoples Redemption Party holding in Kaduna that he has consequently opted not to seek the post of the National Chairman of the party.
“In this regard, it is appropriate to inform members that this will be the last time that I will personally be chairing NEC as our party’s National Chairman.
“Due to declining energy and failing health, it has become necessary for me to vacate the seat for young and fresher blood.
“But not just young and fresher blood but qualitatively, demonstratively younger and fresher blood more robustly and combatively committed to all the ideals our party, the PRP, has always stood for.
“I shall, however, always remain available for party assignments within the limits of my fading energy and failing health.”
Musa thanked the party members for their support and urged them to remain resolute in promoting the ideals of the party, which is centered on the emancipation of the downtrodden.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the NEC meeting is expected to ratify the party’s news constitution, zoning formula, guidelines for candidates, among other issues.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign