The Managing Director of Bioraj Pharmaceuticals, Mr. Bioku Rahamon, on Thursday disclosed that the company has placed embargo on sales of Biolin with codeine.
He stated this at a press conference held in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital, ROYAL NEWS reports.
It would be recalled that recently there was an investigative report by the British Broadcasting Corporations (BBC) where it secretly filmed one Baba Ibeji, an alleged official of Bioraj Pharmaceuticals.
The Pharmaceutical is a licensed medical producer which manufactures a codeine cough syrup called Biolin.
The official was alleged to have been dealing with illegal sales of cough syrup.
Speaking during the press conference, Rahamon stated that “the revelation of the BBC is an eye opener and the company is taking it with all seriousness.
“We do not sell codeine containing preparation to an unauthorized persons or premises, ” he said.
The Bioraj MD, also explained that none of the sales representative has authority to supply Biolin with codeine.
Mr Rahamon stated that the sales official who spoke in the video recorded by BBC was suspended from Bioraj since May 2016.
He also said the store-man who was also shown in the video clip is a serving staff of Bioraj Pharmaceutical, adding that he does not have control on sales and distribution of of any products.
“He will be eventually sacked if found guilty,” he said.
The company, he said, will comply with the Federal Government directives to ban the importation of codeine phosphate as active pharmaceutical ingredient for cough preparation.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal