Unconfirmed sources have reported the appointment of a former Special Envoy to the UN Secretary General, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari as the new Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Gambari, from Kwara State was the Minister of External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 and uncle to the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari.
A professor of repute and a global citizen, the 79 year old replaces former Chief of Staff, late Abba Kyari.
Prof. Gambari served meritoriously in the United Nations as Under Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Africa between 1999 and 2005.
He is a global citizen whose scholarly works are also recognised both home and abroad.
He is the Pioneer Chancellor of the Kwara State University.
As at the time of filing this report, ROYAL NEWS confirmed through a source in the Villa that the former envoy was yet to visit the Presidential Villa to see the President. “We are still waiting for official statement”, the source said.
- Lawan, Gbajabiamila sued over failure to cut N228.1bn NASS budget
- Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service insists on e-payment in hospitals
- Buhari invested more in vulnerable women, youth– Minister
- Buhari’s appointees sabotaging his administration– APC Stakeholders
- INEC won’t disappoint Nigerians in 2023 General Election– REC
- NYSC DG warns corps members against unauthorised trips
- 2023 election: Tinubu’s presidential bid is a divine project – Kekemeke
- 2023 Election: Clergy advises Nigerians to protect their votes
- Civil Society Organisations in Borno empathise with Nigerians over cash crunch
- Opinion: Peter Obi and the Obidient’s futile effort faking Sultan’s endorsement