President Muhammadu Buhari has forwarded names of newly nominated career diplomats to the leadership of the national assembly.
ROYAL NEWS reports that thr nominees are 42.
He forwarded the names of the nominees to the Senate seeking confirmation of their appointments “in accordance to section 171(2)(1c) and Subsection 4 of the 1999 constitution.
His letter was read out by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, at the start of plenary on Tuesday.
The nominnes are, C. O Nwachukwu (Abia), A. Kefas (Adamawa), R. U Brown (Akwa Ibom), G. A, Odidibo (Anambra), O. C Onowu (Anambra), Y. S Sulieman (Bauchi), E. S Agbana (Bayelsa), B. B.M Okoyen (Bayelsa), G. M Okoko (Benue), A. M Garba (Borno) and M. I Bashir (Borno).
Others are, M. O Abang (Cross River), A. E Alote (Cross River), G. E Edokpa (Edo), A. M Maduwike (Enugu), Adamu Lamua (Gombe), Innocent Iwejuo (Imo), A. S Abubakar (Jigawa), Y. A Ahmed (Jigawa), S. D Umar (Kaduna), A. A Sule (Kano), G. Y Hamza (Kano), N. Rini (Katsina), Ahmed Rimawa (Katsina), M. Manu (Kebbi) and I. R Ocheni (Kogi).
Also appointed are, I. A Yusuf (Kogi), M. Abdulraheem (Kwara), W. A Adedeji (Lagos), A. U Ogah (Nasarawa), A. A Musa (Niger), N. A Kolo (Niger), H. O Olaniyon (Ogun), A. R Adejola (Ogun), O. E Awe (Ondo), O. O Aluko (Osun), E. A, Alatishe (Osun), V. A Adeleke (Oyo), M. S Adamu (Plateau), I. N Charles (Rivers), M. Ifu (Taraba) and B. B Hamman (Yobe).
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92