The Presidential candidate the All Progressives Congress, (APC), President Muhammadu Buhari, has restated his commitment to the completion of the ongoing projects in Kwara state citing the successful of completion of the Ilorin-Jebba road, irrigation projects among others as testimonies.
He stated this on Monday when he paid homage on the Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari and other traditional rulers at the ancient palace of Ilorin in continuation of his re-election campaign rally.
He added that he usually visit traditional rulers because of their closeness to the people at the grassroot stressing that the nation has been able to tackle the prevalence insecurity in the North eastern part of Nigeria.
Buhari said: “Government was able to empower the agriculture ministry to provide soft loans and fertilizers to farmers. Fighting corruption is the most difficult thing Your Highness, because we are going after and charging those who have misused the public trusts and for those who are guilty, they are sentenced.
“With this, I will not give up and we know that people who belief in us will definitely support us and with this, we shall achieve more for the nation.”
The Emir of Ilorin, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, hasd earlier commended President Muhammadu Buhari for engaging in a peaceful campaign as well as embarking on infrastructural development across the country.
Sulu-Gambari added that every politician have one reason or the other as a justification for being entitled to victory in the coming election. But there is no doubt that Mr. President, you have tried your best as and we wish you good luck in your endeavours.”
In his remarks, the National Chairman of APC, Comrade Adam’s Oshiomhole, tha led the emir for the warm reception.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Nigeria needs increased budgetary allocation to make headway in pursuit for Universal Health Coverage—Fayemi
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner