Senate has approved the establishment of the Federal University of Transportation, Daura, hometown of President Muhammadu Buhari in Katsina State
The passage of the bill followed the consideration of a report by the Committee on Tertiary Institutions and TETFund on a bill seeking the establishment of the university.
Presenting the report, chairman of the committee, Senator Ahmad Babba Kaita (APC Katsina North), said the establishment of the university would allow Nigerians access to modern knowledge, emerging techniques and skills in the transport industry.
According to him, the institution would provide required knowledge to prospective students to enhance Nigeria’s transportation sector and make them drivers of the industry.
Senator Babba Kaita explained that the development of the transport sector by knowledge transfer and capacity building would in turn generate employment opportunities for Nigerians.
“The envisaged University of Transportation has immense benefits, especially in closing the huge gap in knowledge about transportation business and enhancing technical skills while ensuring technology transfer from the most developed nations such as China, USA, South Korea, etc to benefit the Nigerian transportation industry,” he stressed.
He added that the University of Transportation Daura, which is expected to provide the manpower needs of the Nigerian transport systems and the Nigerian Railway, would be the first in the West African sub-region with the potentials of wooing Africans and foreign investors to invest and acquire advanced knowledge in research and exploration of scientific innovation in the transport sector.
The bill was passed by the chamber after its clause-by-clause consideration by the Committee of the Whole.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia
- BREAKING…. Many school children, others affected as explosion rocks Kano