A Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday, sentenced former governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, to 12 years in prison for N7.65 billion fraud.
Orji Kalu who is a serving senator on the platform of the ruling All Prgressives Congress, is the chief whip of the senate.
Justice Mohammed Idris who delivered the sentence had earlier declared him guilty of the charge in the case that had been on for more than a decade.
Kalu had been standing trial alongsde his firm, Slok Nigeria Limited, and Udeh Udeogu, who was Director of Finance and Accounts at the Abia State Government House during Kalu’s tenure as governor
More details shortly…
- Katsina rally: Tinubu gives reason for ‘low key’ campaign
- APC will win 2023 election– Fashola
- FG vows to increase workers’ minimum wage
- New Naira notes: Police warn against violence
- Agriculture contributes 23.78% to GDP – Minister
- PHOTO NEWS: Peter Obi visits Emir of Ilorin
- 2023 elections: NUT opens up on candidate to vote
- World Cancer Day: DevComms advocate public literacy for earlier detection
- Fuel Scarcity: Transporters Demand Removal of Sylva, Kyari
- APC postpones presidential campaign rally in Oyo indefinitely