The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission ( EFCC) has secured the convictions of two persons charged before a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin on the offences that borders on internet fraud and other fraud related Offences.
The convicts, Okoro Raymond and Ogundowole Tosin were charged before the Court Presided over by Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar on separate charges.
The charge against Raymond reads “That you, Okoro Raymond, sometime between March and September 2019 within the judicial division of the Kwara State High Court, fraudulently induced some unsuspecting Nigerians vide your created WhatsApp platform, winners chapel investment with your phone number 09010197532 to deliver properties to you to wit: money totalling #200,000 under the guise of their investing and making double gains and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 321 of the penal code and punishable under section 324 of the same penal code ”
The charge against Tosin reads ” That you , Ogundowole Tosin (a.k.a) CLARISSA DOSS) Sometime in October 2019 or thereabout at Ilorin, Kwara State within the jurisdiction of this honourable Court attempted to commit an offence of cheating by pretending to be one Clarissa Doss, presenting yourself to be a white woman, a property agent who has a property to lease at popular castlegate subdivision, New Jersey, United States, to one Hillary Kurtz as it is contained in your gmail account, firstname.lastname@example.org and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 95 and 321 of the penal code law and punishable under section 322 of the same law ”
The pleaded guilty to the charges while Justice Abdulgafar convicted and sentenced them to six months imprisonment .
He ordered that phones, laptops and money recovered in their bank accounts should be forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- FG approves mother tongue as compulsory language in primary schools
- I’ll continue to prioritise education, says Gov Sule
- Police cautions governors against frustrating opposition parties’ campaign
- We’ll recover semester, session lost to strike – ASUU
- Yahoo boy arrested for beating undergraduate girlfriend to death in Ogun
- Governor Ikpeazu signs female inheritance bill into law
- Kwara Gov. reshuffles cabinet, swears-in new commissioners, others
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears