The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Dr Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR, will on Wednesday, 22nd April 2020 clock 80years-old and has directed the cancellation of any social or religious gatherings to that effect.
A statement issued on Monday by the Emir’s Media Aide, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, disclosed that no congregational prayers should be held as usual in view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He noted that the cancellation of the annual birthday prayers in palace was part of measures towards supporting government’s efforts in curtailing the spread of COVID-19 infection in the state adding that such gathering is unfounded at this auspicious period of global grieve.
According to the statement, “The Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr) Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari CFR has directed his Personal Assistant, Alhaji Murtala Abdulraheem, to reach out to Islamic clerics, traditional chiefs, ward heads and associations to stay in their respective homes and pray for national and global peaceful coexistence, prosperity and economic recovery.
“The Emir however urged the people of Ilorin Emirate and beyond to use the occasion of his 80th birthday celebrations to promote peace, unity and assist the less privileged as the world is going through trying moments of coronavirus pandemic.”
The Emir therefore thanked the people of the Ilorin Emirate and the Council of Ulama for their unflinching supports and fervent prayers in past years which has transformed into growth and development of the state.
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92
- CBN’s cash withdrawal policy’ll enhance financial inclusion – Expert
- DSS, oil marketers set to clear petrol queues in 48 hours
- FG gives update on Ajaokuta Steel resuscitation, legal tussle
- Ex-CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor’s marriage crashes
- BREAKING…CBN begins distribution of redesigned naira notes to banks