Operatives of the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested nineteen suspected internet fraudsters in a sting operation in Lokoja, the Kogi State Capital.
The suspects were smoked out of their hideouts by the eagle-eyed operatives of the EFCC over the weekend following credible intelligence on the fraudulent activities of the fraudsters in the State’s capital city and its environs.
The suspects include a serving corps member in the State, Adamu Shuabu and eighteen others.
They are, Achimugu Nelson Ojonoka, Victor Atsumbe, Akoh Grace Samuel, Usman Abubakar Sadiq, Jacob Emmanuel, Solomon John, Christian Oyakhilome, Adesanya Adeolu Tosin, Uloko George Ojonugwa and Timothy Eleojo Moses.
Others are Negedu Joseph Onuchei, Usman Tenimu, Lukman Musa, Samuel Atadoga, Daniel Atekojo James, Abdulrazaq Iko-ojo Ahnod, Olarewaju John Olumide and Ademola Adegoke Daniel.
Upon arrest, a Lexus car, huge sum of money suspected to be proceeds of illegal activities, different brands of phones, laptops and other incriminating materials were recovered from them.
The suspects will be charged to court upon the conclusion of the ongoing investigations.
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1
- Late KWASU VC: University Releases Appreciation Notification
- BREAKING… IGP, Usman Baba sentenced to prison
- Arsonists cannot deter us from holding 2023 elections, INEC Chairman
- Bank failure: Depositors’ monies safe– NDIC assures
- FG approves 2-week paternity leave for civil servants
- Labour Party challenges Tinubu to open debate with Peter Obi
- Society for Peace Holds 16th Annual Conference Nov. 30
- If you think migrating legally is good for you, go– Femi Adesina
- Lagos 2023: Two guber candidates step down for Jandor