The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, on Sunday conferred the Nigeria’s Senate President with the title of Waziri of Ilorin.
ROYAL NEWS report that the Emir stated this at a special prayer session organised in honour of the Senate President at the Ilorin Emir’s Palace.
The prayer was led by the Imam Imale of Ilorin, Alhaji Abdullahi Abdulhameed and supported by other clerics from across the Ilorin Emirate.
On arrival at the venue , the Senate President was accompanied by Senator Dino Melaye , Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje and other party chieftains .
In her remarks, the Senior Special Assistant to the Kwara State Governor on Poverty Alleviation, Hajiya Aishat Sulu-Gambari, described the prayer as a way of appreciating the Senate President for his numerous contributions to the growth and development of the state and nation at large.
She also commended the large turn of participants at the venue stressing that the state government under the leadership of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is committed to women empowerment among other poverty alleviation policy frameworks.
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants
- Ilorin experiences first rainfall in 2023
- Leeds records 3-1 victory against Accrington Stanley firstly in 7yrs
- Naira notes hardship: Don’t come to Kano yet, Ganduje tells Buhari
- CBN’s Jan. 31 deadline on naira notes unrealistic— Atiku