The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman, Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, on Sunday conferred the Nigeria’s Senate President with the title of Waziri of Ilorin.
ROYAL NEWS report that the Emir stated this at a special prayer session organised in honour of the Senate President at the Ilorin Emir’s Palace.
The prayer was led by the Imam Imale of Ilorin, Alhaji Abdullahi Abdulhameed and supported by other clerics from across the Ilorin Emirate.
On arrival at the venue , the Senate President was accompanied by Senator Dino Melaye , Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje and other party chieftains .
In her remarks, the Senior Special Assistant to the Kwara State Governor on Poverty Alleviation, Hajiya Aishat Sulu-Gambari, described the prayer as a way of appreciating the Senate President for his numerous contributions to the growth and development of the state and nation at large.
She also commended the large turn of participants at the venue stressing that the state government under the leadership of Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed is committed to women empowerment among other poverty alleviation policy frameworks.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal